Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Journey is the Reward














"The Journey is the Reward ”
by Stacy Jagger

All of my experiences
One by one
All locked up together
Meaningful and few
Precious, like stones
Diamonds among them
Taking each one
To make something beautiful
Time is not lost
Lost is not time
I am on time
Not late, nor early
I am neither young, nor old
Depending your stature
Compared to Mathusala
I am a mere child
Wisdom I have sought you
Though too stupid to know if I have any
Smart enough to know
The only problems I have
Lie between my ears
Seeds thrown
This way and that
Water them and watch them grow
For there is no easier or softer way
The road is slow and easy
Bends from nowhere
Just to see them
And for no other reason
For the journey is the reward
And I am in it

0 comments:

Post a Comment