Monday, February 7, 2011

My Poems Hide...















My poems hide in the bubbles
The Epsom salt box
The toothpaste container
The carton of half-n-half
My poems hide in my daughter's
See and Say
With the rooster and the cow
My poems hide in my dog's eyes
At the bottom of my sheets
In the corner of my bedroom window
They hide in my grandmother's attic
In my childhood homes
All sad and lonely
Waiting to be discovered
My poems hide in the deep
Recesses of my mind
All subconscious
Growing slowly, like an avocado
My poems hide
Sideways like peppermint
Popping up in the most peculiar
And embarrassing places
My poems hide in the
Left center of my chest cavity
Lurking around the corner
Waiting to stand up and be counted
My poems hide
Sickly and worn
Beaten down by air and brush
And the mean places
They want to come out
But my poems hide
They hide from the sun
And from people
And from life itself
They come out at Carol's house
When they are dug up
With a shovel and a hoe
And with caring hands
But on all other days
They hide
Shy and wondering they hide
Like a worn out child
They hide
Looking for a rescuer
They hide
They found shelter
So they hide
And hide
And hide

0 comments:

Post a Comment